[Coco] Wanted: Picture of a 80s television

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Oct 9 07:40:52 EDT 2020

On Friday 09 October 2020 06:15:26 Arthur Flexser wrote:

> Googling "1980s television set" gets you to this page, which has many,
> many images of TVs of that vintage, though I don't see any Radio Shack
> models among them.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=1980s+television+set&rlz=1C1KAFA_enUS5
>78US578&sxsrf=ALeKk02_OeWGw1Fdibocds7INLVuLCVITQ:1602237100507&tbm=isch
>&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=gQwsqA0bCWWo2M%252CBlf0as3GCQQ3_M%252C_&vet=1&usg
>=AI4_-kTxgE-6Z8EmXoyjSMONoS7x4Ckejw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjNv-KpnqfsAhWCUt8KH
>RtDCWYQ9QF6BAgFEFQ&biw=1164&bih=801#imgrc=gQwsqA0bCWWo2M
>

> Or maybe something on the "Tandy computer monitor" page might be
> suitable?
>
> https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1KAFA_enUS578US578&sxsrf=ALeKk03MB
>vGew3eXQmYMq3WOVtawuzBZpg:1602237908581&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=tandy+co
>mputer+monitor&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2rIuroafsAhVRlVkKHTJWBjsQ7Al6BAgHEF8&bi
>w=1164&bih=801#imgrc=16PvEo23M0eHQM

This link contains at least 2 pix that could be used as starter images
for your emulators "bezel". Both are CM-8's, which were your basic color
monitor with unusable 80 column resolution, poorly built with a very
high failure rate for the H.O.T.s, there are very few surviving today in
working condition as N.A.P., makes of Magnavox, took all the spare parts
to the dump 5 years after they made the last one. But the pix would make
a good beginning for your bezel. How long it would take is up to the
expertise available to run gimp. gimp can do it, no question there.