[Coco] Sort of OT: Recapping

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 18:45:39 EST 2020

 Update:
First, thank you all for your advice and recommendations.
I finally got all the through holes clear of solder and stuck leads. I heated the Weller station to 850F. I noticed that at times it spiked to 880F. Somewhere between these two temperatures the solder melted and the solder and stuck leads came out without any problems. I replaced the caps. I will now get some flux remover and clean the PCB and test. Hopefully the MB will still work :-S. I am usually confident with my work, but I have to admit that the PCB took a lot of heat. I am hoping 0 damage.
Again, thanks for your help. I will properly document this experience. Salvador