[Coco] 26-3134b

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:04:38 EST 2020

Ed,

I did not realize that the newer CoCo2B's that had the 28PIN 27xxx
compatible EPROM's came in a Color Basic only version.  I will have to
update my little cheat sheet about that so when this comes up in the future
I can make sure to share this information.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 6:52 PM Ed Snider <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Henry, that's right.  If you have a 'B' type CoCo2 with the single ROM
> chip
> that hasn't been upgraded to extended basic, you'll need to burn a new rom
> chip and remove / install jumper wires.
>
> A standard 28 pin, 16K eprom (27C128 or similar) can be used.
>
> Extended BASIC 1.1 goes in the lower 8K of the chip, and Color BASIC 1.3
> in the upper 8K.
>
> For your convenience, here is the appropriate rom file...
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlwDWX9EVv4-wAlFM_uLK0wUsLgzOu-/view?usp=sharing
> <
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlwDWX9EVv4-wAlFM_uLK0wUsLgzOu-/view?usp=sharing
> >

> And here is a picture of an upgrade I did on one, showing the jumpers...
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14u3wsHucg8d-pJclRlLooJRboT0ZPiqu/view?usp=sharing
> <
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14u3wsHucg8d-pJclRlLooJRboT0ZPiqu/view?usp=sharing
> >

> There are five jumper wires that will need to be removed and rewired to
> the 128K position.
>
> - Ed
>

> > On Nov 25, 2020, at 4:17 PM, David Ladd <davidwladd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > <cut>

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |