[Coco] OS-9 / NitOS-9 C programmers, lend me your makefiles

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 22:39:01 EST 2020

Sadly, for some reason I will never understand, on OS-9 on the CoCo, ASCII
HT has the effect of reverse line feed (aka "line starve"); I'm pretty sure
it's the code you get when you hit the up arrow key. If memory serves,
something equally bogus is done with '\x60', which should be the grave
accent, so if anyone does a shell with command substitution, it can't use
the popular Unix/Linux shell notation for it.

Popping the stack back to makefiles, this unfortunate problem means
makefiles will be unintelligible when listed without some tab-specific help.