[Coco] New SD cartridge for the MC-10 (MCX-32 SD)

Ed Snider zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:19:04 EST 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to be able to announce the initial release of the MCX-32 SD.

The MCX-32 SD is a great new device created by Darren Atkinson,
designer of the MCX-128 and CoCo SDC.

This new cartridge plugs into the expansion slot of the TRS-80 MC-10
or Matra Alice, and provides the following features...

SD card based file storage
32K of RAM
128K of Flash memory (16 x 8K banks)

Also included is MCX BASIC 3, an enhanced basic for the MC-10 which
adds many of the language features found in Extended Color BASIC for the Color
Computer as well as commands for managing file storage on the SD card.

There is a quick introductory video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9u7WIwUeU&t <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9u7WIwUeU&t>

A user guide and additional information is available here...

https://mcxwares.blogspot.com/ <https://mcxwares.blogspot.com/>

MCX-32 SD carts are now available on my site for $65 plus shipping and
come complete and ready to run including a 3d printed case.

https://thezippsterzone.com/mc-10-items-for-sale/ <https://thezippsterzone.com/mc-10-items-for-sale/>

Check it out if you hav e an MC-10 or Alice and you're interested in
an easy to use modern file I/O solution.  :)

- Ed