[Coco] Large file deletion fails on NitrOS9/6309

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu May 28 09:06:28 EDT 2020

Jeff,

Your problem may not be as straight forward as you think. I ran a test with MESS 0.158 and VCC on a
file with 5,958,126 bytes and was able to delete it without any problems. The disk used was a .vhd
with $5,A000 OS-9 sectors. However, there was one small catch. :)

The first time I tried to delete the file using MESS, the system froze. After rebooting, I was able
to delete the file. I then did a DCHECK of the .vhd and found MANY clusters were in the map but not
in the file structure.
After correcting the allocation map, I was able to repeatably put the file back on the .vhd and then
delete it without any problem.

So it may be there is a problem with a system file like ioman or it may be that your disks had
problems unrelated to file size that caused DEL to fail for you. Why don't you try doing a dcheck on
a disk, copy your cococ.ar file to that disk, and then try to delete it. See if you still get the
lock-up.

Robert