[Coco] Microsoft released the old GW_Basic under the MIT License

farna farna at att.net
Sat May 23 08:01:36 EDT 2020

I used a GW- BASIC program as the basis for my CoCo 3 genealogy program back in the 90s. I couldn't have done it from scratch, but so much was re-written that the credits say "based on" the original program. I doubt there is 10% of the original code. Most re-writing was due to command differences, with all subroutines needing some restructuring.  Took me about 18 months to research and re-write everything. Probably a 400-500 hours...Sent from my Galaxy Tab A