[Coco] COCO POKE CHEATS & DISK EDIT CHEATS!

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 19:45:39 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone,
I've red the reports of the possibility of destroying your CPU or even the CoCo's by inserting (or removing) a Cartridge (ANY Cartridge) while the CoCo is turned on and I have to say, "WHY take the chance? It's NOT worth it..."
At one time I had approximately 30 + Cartridges and ALL OF THEM had the Auto-Start line cut...
I did this so that it would be much easier to copy ANY Cartridge over to disk (OR Cassette), and I did so for every Cartridge I had (except the Disk Controller's I owned). This way I had no worries about needing to insert (or removing) ANY Cartridge. Why should I, I had them on Disk (or Cassette).
I would honestly recommend doing this instead of taking the chance of ruining your CoCo... It's better to be safe than sorry...

Just my opinion...
Joe...