[Coco] Largest Compact Flash in SuperIDE?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue May 12 21:36:49 EDT 2020

On May 12, 2020, at 8:24 PM, Mark Marlette <mmarlette at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> HDB-DOS and SuperDriver use three bytes for the LSN offset, IE: 24bits.

And keep in mind, while RGB-DOS could only do 256 disk drives, if it was running in RAM mode on a CoCo 1/2, or on a CoCo 3 which is already in RAM, you could POKE those offset values real-time and access more drives.

I have 416 RS-DOS images on one of my SyQuest SCSI drives. I have a program on DRIVE 0 that let me select which bank I wanted to be in, 0-255 or 0-XXX and on the second bank that DRIVE 0 had the same program. If I had a larger disk I could have had as many as I wanted.

This article was published in The World of 268 Micros. I found the original text, and can republish if it might be of interest, but I think it is on the archives.