[Coco] CoCo Disk preservation...

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed May 6 14:34:45 EDT 2020

From: tim lindner
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:35 AM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] CoCo Disk preservation...

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 8:32 AM Steve Ostrom <smostrom7 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I remember some early copy protection involved burning a hole in the disk at a certain spot.

Do you have a recollection of which programs did this for the CoCo?

tim lindner

Sorry, Tim.  I don’t know that any Coco software did.  I guess I wasn’t too clear on that point.  That was mainly used on some IBM PC software, but quickly went out of favor.  I’m guessing it was the right to make backup copies for your own use.  The laser hole technique prevented that.

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."