[Coco] CoCo Disk preservation...

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed May 6 00:01:46 EDT 2020

On 5/5/2020 2:19 PM, John Mautz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some of you are also Apple II fans like me.  If you are then you may know
> about John Morris's Applesauce product (https://applesaucefdc.com/).  If
> you don't know it is a hardware based Disk controller that connects an
> Apple Disk II 5.25 drive or 800K and now 1.44M 3.5 in floppy disks to the a
> Mac via a USB cable.  So why am I posting this here.  Well, he is
> expanding.  He just got his product capable of reading Model III TRSDOS
> disks AND CoCo disks!!!!

Read only product that is a bit cheaper, but does not appear to be open
source.

http://www.deviceside.com/fc5025.html#swreq

Another product that claims read/write, twice the price of the read-only
device.  Again, not open source.

https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=28

I have not used either of them, but I am getting tempted to get one of them.

Regards,
-John