[Coco] C compiler self-hosting on NitrOS9 again!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon May 4 12:57:01 EDT 2020

Jeff, you can do dsk releases separately as a "release".
I've just spent 2 1/2 hours just making the files "OS-9 compatible" and am now moving them to my OS-9 system.
Don't get me wrong, I'm am not trying to put your work down. You have done a fine job and I applaud your efforts. We need all the options we can get. I was just suggesting ways it could be easier on the end user. Most people would not go through what I just did LOL.
I really have no need for an "ansi-compatible" compiler as I do most of my work in old "pre-ansi" K&R, but I see the need for being able to use C sources from other systems that do use ansi. I have run into this a few times and had do the conversion by hand which doesn't always work LOL.

As for the OS-9 compatible file format, you can use Notepad++ and keep all you files compatible. NotePad++ is an open source editor and (I think) runs on all platforms. Just set "Edit/EOL Conversion/Macintosh" and your texts will be in the proper format for OS-9.

Keep On Cocoing...
Bill P.