[Coco] MISTer FPGA project... CoCo3???

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun May 3 04:01:04 EDT 2020

On 3/05/2020 3:34 pm, James Ross wrote:

> The MiSTer is really worth it since you get so many other systems and
> arcades for basically nothing ... The De10-Nano has quite a hefty
> FPGA chip --> 110k LE's -vs- DE1's 20k LE's.

I bought a MiSTer just before Xmas and bought the 128MB SDRAM soon
after. My case & I/O board turned up just a few days ago, now waiting on
my BliSTer (USB hub) to complete the set up!

The Neo Geo core is pretty impressive. That was the main reason I
finally decided to go for the MiSTer. I have a couple of
CoCo3FPGA-dedicated DE1s with the Zippster analogue board and a few
proprietary boards (including one with the same FPGA as the MiSTer) so
it wasn't easy to justify yet another FPGA board but the sheer number of
systems emulated now make it hard to pass up.

CoCo3FPGA for MiSTer would be awesome. Now that I've finally got my I/O
board I can look at porting my CoCo1/2 implementation to it as well.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>