[Coco] NitrOS-9 EOU (Ease of Use) Beta 5 released

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Sat May 2 15:49:19 EDT 2020

Curtis

Just Tried the EOU Beta5

Unsuccessful with EOU_USER.vhd but 63SDC.vhd worked
Running OVCC on Ubuntu with FD-502 in MPI Slot 1 and Hard Drive + Cloud9
RTC in MPI Slot 4
On this system the Ram Disk program does not seem to work.

Bugs:

1. Typing free /r0 gets 16384000 Sectors which would be 4GB way more
memory then a coco has.
2. Typing echo TEST > /r0/test   gives Error 241 : Sector Error
3. Typing dmode /r0  indicates a much smaller drive ( about 128K )
4. but reformating  format /r0 and retrying echo TEST > /r0/x still
gives
    Error 241 : Sector Error.

Other Issues:

    Don't have an SDC card and would like to try it on a real coco are
you
    working on a Drive Wire version ?

    Do you have plans for a special mouse / joystick driver for the
emulator
    that would capture up to two specified USB ports on the Host OS
    and auto release the ports upon mouse/joystick disconnection ?

Charlie