[Coco] PRINT vs PRINT USING

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Tue Mar 31 17:14:14 EDT 2020

On 2020-03-31 16:14, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> On 3/31/20 3:56 PM, coco at jechar.ca wrote:
>>
>>   If I want to print "HELLO" to the screen in a basic09 program
>>   I would use.
>>
>>   PRINT "HELLO"
>>
>>   If instead I to print "HELLO" to a file I can use.
>>
>>   PRINT #pathno,"HELLO"
>>
>>   Is there any way to send the output of "PRINT USING" to
>>   a file?
>>
>>   Charlie
>>

> According to the manual it is simply:

> bill

When I try the syntax you suggest I get a compile error.

    OPEN #pathno,saveat$:WRITE

    PRINT #pathno,"TEST"

    FOR y=1 TO 19
        FOR x=1 TO 21
            PRINT #pathno," ";
            PRINT #pathno, USING "H", quilt(x,y);
        NEXT x
        PRINT #pathno

    NEXT y

    CLOSE #pathno

    Everything worked before I tryed to send it to a file.
    Also It works if except for the "PRINT USING" line.
    So it is not an issue with the pathno or saveat$ varibles.

    Which are of type BYTE and STRING.

    PS THE COMPILE  ERROR POINTER POINTS TO JUST BEFORE "USING"

    Charlie.