[Coco] Tandy Color Computer 3 RND Function

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 14:43:18 EDT 2020

And this all angles back to my original problem with the marbles in the bag.  I wasn’t looking for a true probability answer, but just an estimate of the true probability.  And the Coco gives us this tool with RND.  If you run enough iterations, and your program is set up correctly, you can get this good estimate of the various probabilities of these problems.  You really can’t do this on a modern PC, running Linux or Win10, like you can with the Coco.  The Coco is simple to operate but quite powerful.  Even if RND is not all that good, it’s plenty good for these problems.

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

This is exactly right. Randomness is lumpy.