[Coco] Soldering Irons/Stations

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Jun 30 20:50:31 EDT 2020

On 6/30/2020 6:13 PM, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Nathan Byrd has recommended: Hakko FX-888D
> Roy Justus has recommended: Xytronix iron from Jameco

I can recommend the Weller WESD51, which I have used for many years.
It's about $100-$150.00.

I'm not necessarily recommending this unit for a first buy, but my main
unit is a Metcal MX500.  it has a much smaller pencil grip, as the
heater is implemented in a different fashion (not sure how, but I know
it recovers far faster when soldering large areas). It's a more
expansive unit, and much less portable, but I can recommend.

I will say lots of Hackko and Weller units out there and I think they
are both awesome units.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com