[Coco] Modern video options for CoCos?

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:27:31 EDT 2020

I'd like to get a couple of my CoCos out of their many, many
year storage and start using them.  However, the only monitors
I have are LCD flat panels.

One is a new Dell U2718Q which only has HDMI, DisplayPort, and MiniDisplayPort.

The other is a many-years-old Dell 2001FP which has DVI, VGA, S-Video,
and Composite.

The CoCos I'm interested in using are a CoCo 2 and a CoCo 3.

What are my options for connecting them to either monitor?

And am I correct in assuming that none of these options will allow
for the artifact colors?

Finally, what are my sound options? As I recall (like I said, it's been
a really lonnnnng time) the CoCo2 has the sound as part of the signal
that comes out of the jack that you used to connect to the "TV/game"
box that I'd attach to the TV's antenna terminals BITD.  And I guess the
CoCo3 also/instead has an actual audio output of some sort?  So I guess
for the CoCo3 I could connect something to that audio output?  But what
can I do for the CoCo2?

Thanks!

Rich Carreiro             rlcarr at gmail.com