[Coco] OS-9 compression programs. What's available?

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:36:57 EDT 2020

A lot depends on the data files. If they're files that are already
compressed, running a compression program on them won't help much, and
might even make things worse. If you're talking about a program that will
run on OS-9/6809, you'll either be constrained by memory. (CompuServe chose
12-bit LZW for GIF because any more bits wouldn't fit in 64K.)