[Coco] Soldering Irons/Stations

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 11:42:10 EDT 2020

 I've been looking into desoldering tools and am partial to the desoldering gun similar to the one mentioned in this video (although it is quite noisy!):

https://youtu.be/Z38WsZFmq8E

I have the suction cylinder (second item mentioned in the video), but its latch is not at 100% and it sometime does not want to stay in its prepped position. Very tiring on the thumb :-).

I also have soldering wick, but from watching the video I see that I am not using it in the most effective way. I may have to do a re-cap on a motherboard, so I suspect that I'll get some practice ;-).

I am also watching for a soldering station and am reading this thread carefully. I get confused as to what temperatures to use for which tasks. Thanks! Salvador