[Coco] CoCo Pie3 and VCC

pfitchjr at bellsouth.net pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 4 09:27:27 EST 2020

I've just gotten a RasPad, and this thing is pretty nice. I've gotten CoCoPie3 installed on it, but have some questions.

Not sure how to get the emulations to work from the menus, as I hit CoCo3 emulation menu item, and a small text screen with info pops up, I hit enter, and bang, back into the menu.  I did download the latest Nitros build, and that works.  But everytime I hit  the 'P" key, the screen dims and basically Mame pauses the machine. (not playing nice here Mame...)

I'd like to be able to bounce between the CoCoPie3 menu system and the Raspian desktop, without using Raspi-Config each time. I could handle a quick reboot, but editing config files back and forth is troubling.

And finally, can anyone tell me how VCC for Linux is going?  No offence to the developer of CoCo Pie3 (it’s a damn fine package), but imo VCC is just plain better.