[Coco] Implications of the Speed Up Poke

pfitchjr at bellsouth.net pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 1 12:19:33 EST 2020

I was just reading an article on the use of the speed up pokes, both FAST, and SUPER FAST. One of the things stated (which I do not question), is that using the SUPER FAST poke runs all the ROM and RAM at 1.8 mHz, and does not allow for RAM refresh.  So, if you stay in SUPER FAST mode for too long, you risk having your programs and data being lost to fading memory.

So now my question. Using emulators, the RAM refresh function is all smoke and mirrors anyway, right?  Ie, the host machine that the emulator is running on is responsible for RAM refresh, so the SUPER FAST poke not allowing time for RAM refresh is a non-issue, correct?