[Coco] Exploring Atari Adventure ... on the CoCo

Lee leep at tigerbase.com
Wed Dec 30 17:34:09 EST 2020

I watched that Warren Robinett video (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINb5Huh0C4).  Very interesting!  At the
end he was asked about another of his games, Rocky's Boots.  The
description of it sounded very much like a game a friend of mine and I
played on the CoCo "back in the day" called Robot Odyssey that we still
talk about today.  I dug into it a bit and it turns out that Warren
Robinett wrote Rocky's Boots based on the Adventure "engine" (or maybe his
memory of the code, don't know if he retained the rights to the Adventure
code) after he left Atar, and Robot Odyssey was written based on Rocky's
Boots code by the same company (The Learning Company) but apparently not by
Warren Robinett.  Interesting history, and I love how it tied into my own
very fond childhood (late teens) memories with the CoCo. :)

-----
Lee