[Coco] Compatible RS MPIs to Coco 3

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Sat Dec 26 10:46:10 EST 2020

No _unmodified_ Multi-Pak Interface is compatible with the CoCo 3. I
believe that there was a time when Tandy took all of the 26-3124 "new"
MPIs they had in their warehouse and upgraded them to work with the
CoCo3, resulting in 26-3124A.

So I guess there's one model of MPI that's CoCo3-compatible out of the
box, the pretty-rare 26-3124A. All other models are incompatible
unless modified. The old 26-3024 MPIs are pretty easy to upgrade, you
replace one chip with another. The upgrade to the newer 26-3124
version is more involved, and probably shouldn't be done unless you're
pretty confident with a soldering iron.