[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 12:43:00 EST 2020

 Yes, totally agree. The only problem is that when I connect it to the cable's drive 0 connector, the LED does not light at all and the drive is not recognized. The motor spins up though, but that is all.

Currently, I believe I have two problems:

1. Drive 0 is not recognized
2. Drive 1, while recognized, is still giving IO ERRORs

My next steps are:

a. Try with a different floppy to see if that makes any difference while testing drive 1
b. Follow Bill P's advice and clean the heads
c. Swap cables. Barry Nelson provided information on how to make this cable, even providing references to the parts needed
d. Possibly test the speed using the florescent method already suggested (I say possibly because I don't have a florescent light here)

Thank you for your continued help. It is much appreciated! Salvador