[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 21:22:13 EST 2020

 Update:

I had the cable on backwards (ugh). I thought pin 1 on the floppy drive was towards the top. The notch is towards the bottom and it turns out that pin 1 is close to the notch.

I reversed the cable and tried again. The strange RF interference is gone, the screen remains steady as the drive is accessed. The drive select is working because I can see the motor spin; however, the LED does not light up.

Hopefully, I did not damage the unit when I reversed the cable.

Salvador