[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 20:59:48 EST 2020

 Update:

Stuck cartridge cover. I opened the CoCo 1 and found the spring correctly placed on the hinge of the cover (or flap). No noticeable grime, but I can attempt to clean it to see if that makes a difference.

Any cleaning suggestions? I could attempt to remove the metal rod that is part of the hinge, but prefer not to do so unless I have a concise idea on how to do this.

As always thanks.

Also, I opened up the floppy controller cart and reseated all chips, although they all looked like they were in place. I also cleaned the edge connectors. On side of one of them had some black stuff on it. Some of it came off with alcohol, more of it with a soft rubber eraser.

I hooked everything up and this made no difference in the keyboard behavior described in the initial post.

FYI: My CoCo has an "E" motherboard.

Salvador

<snipped>