[Coco] HDB-DOS eprom in a floppy controller

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 20 09:32:50 EST 2020

If I have a 24 pin eprom burned, with HDB-DOS LBA for the Glenside controller, will the fd500 controller still work as a normal disk controller?

I have a Glenside with 2 headers soldered on it. When i plug in a standard disk controller and boot HDB-DOS from floppy the Glenside boots up as expected but when I DRIVE OFF to use the physical disk 0 it just hangs.  I am guessing that the RSDOS in the controller is conflicting with the HDB-DOS i am loading from disk.

I was hoping that if I put HDB-DOS in the floppy controller that it would auto boot the hard drive while still allowing physical disk use with the DRIVE OFF command.

Will this work?

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device