[Coco] A few Gotek observations

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:48:09 EDT 2020

i finished setting up a gotek as drive 2 on my coleco adam.   No matter what i did i could not get it to act as anything more than a 160k stock drive.   thats when i did some digging and found that the gotek was being limited  by the adams stock disk controller ROM.

I am wondering if the coco would do better if we used an alternate ROM like ADOS3 that can be setup for 40 track since the Gotek defaults to that track count when creating .dsk images

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device