[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath - Source Code

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Aug 22 03:41:48 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-22 12:49 a.m., Andrew wrote:
> Well - I guess this basically concludes almost everything, and thank you
> to everyone who chimed in. Again, I think the license is for the game
> design, but I really don't know that for certain, it just seems to be
> worded in a manner that reflects that, and says nothing about the code
> itself, which would seem to indicate that the code is still under
> copyright and proprietary (so, who knows what the legality of any
> disassembly is, and/or copies of the game that exist out there). A field
> day perhaps awaits for a future law firm, maybe?

Yes, definitely. This is ultimately a question for a lawyer. Should I
get a request from authenticatable request from the actual rights
holder, I will, of course, remove my disassembly. Given the length of
time it has been up, however, I don't expect any action to materialize.
(Reconstructed source code with comments reading like a novel may
actually be sufficiently creative to avoid tripping on copyright
liability in light of that license since it's obviously not the original
source code. It gets complicated.)