[Coco] Absolute Memory Location

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 17 13:41:38 EDT 2020

You pretty well have to create it with an assembler (Jeff may be able to answer if their is anything in the C libraries the create them). Since they are just regular OS9 modules, you can use RUN Syscall with a F$Link command to map it into BASIC09’s space easily enough.
Another possible option, depending on how complex of communications between processes that you need, is using signals. You would need a small machine language subroutine module to help trap the signals (BASIC09 by default considers those to be aborts), and you can only send a 1 byte code that way.
Is this related to still wanting to go through filenames in a directory? If so, I might be able to make some BASIC09 code for you to handle that; I am caught up on work at the moment and have some free time.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html