[Coco] Run Time Error 203 "Illegal Mode"

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:47:07 EDT 2020

There are a number of places where a 203 error could occur in this code,
but none of them seems to be incorrect on the surface. If your module is
small enough, and you can run it in the Basic09 editing environment, I
suggest using TRON and TROFF and then stepping through the code to see what
error gets generated on which line. In my experience, a system level error
may not always be the exact error occurring, and it may be something that
will fall under a Basic09 error code in debug mode.

I'm not sure why you are using the touch command, unless it's just to make
sure the file exists, but that has nothing to do with the error you are
getting.

Wayne

The Structure of I-Code
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/The_Structure_of_I-Code