[Coco] Coco Music

Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey exile at weylan-yutani.com
Fri Aug 7 11:17:23 EDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-08-07 at 10:26 -0400, mcnd96 via Coco wrote:
> Hello!I know that there is some mode where the Coco can play music in
> more then one voice without additional hardware.  Are there any
> articles out there that describes how this works and how to code my
> own music?  Do you have to use ML to do it?  I know I had some exe
> files that you can run to play a song and was interested in the
> workings of how to do it.

The principles of how to code sound and music on a "bare CoCo" are
covered in William Barden's Assembly Language book as MUSSYN.

Rainbow Magazine, June 1984 has an article "Making Four-Part Harmony
Easier" with the Music+ program.

Rainbow Magazine, June 1986 follows up with Music+ for some updates and
new commands.

Rainbow Magazine, June 1987 has an article called "Steppin Out with my
CoCo" which details the Bells and Whistles 2 multivoice program.

32K Extended BASIC CoCo 1/2 compatible.

The code should already be typed in/available as binary on the Rainbow-
on-Tape and Rainbow-on-Disk.

Finally, search the TRS-80 Color Computer group on Facebook file area
for Simon Jonassen's example sound code - 1, 2, and 4 voice code with a
variety of options and more...

--
Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey <exile at weylan-yutani.com>
Weylan-Yutani Corporation