[Coco] Corrupted OS9 Directorys.

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:06:43 EDT 2020

Charlie,

Is one of the files "inside" the directory corrupt and deldir is refusing
to delete it?  Or are all of the files deleted and the directory refuses to
delete?

Unfortunately the OS9 file system does not have tools that can
automatically correct such errors.  Once the filesystem becomes corrupted
and unstable, usually the only recourse is to mass copy the entire file
structure to another disk.  If I find that a file or folder entry has
become corrupt, I make a dsave script of the drive, edit it to remove the
corrupted files / directories, and then execute the script to copy the file
structure to a newly formatted disk.

William Carlin