[Coco] Hacked SDC updater to flash DOSPLUS 5.0

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:07:06 EDT 2020

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uuf2tm5ls00ylrh/file

This way of flashing DOSPLUS 5.0 needs to be done on a real coco.

Set the DRAGON dip switch to off and boot the SDC as normal

Mount the .dsk image called SETUP12X.DSK

RUN"SETUP.BAS

Select option D to INSTALL SDC-DOS

SDC-DOS is actually DOSPLUS 5.0 on this disk.  The SDC loader thinks its loading the SDC-DOS.ROM but that .ROM is really DOSPLUS 5.0 renamed so that it will flash using the standard auotloader on the SDC

After you are finished shutdown the coco and remove the SDC.

Switch DRAGON dip on and use the dip switchs to select the BANK that you flashed the DOS PLUS 5 rom into.

Jumper the DRQ to the Centre pin (leaving AUTO pin open)

Now it will boot up in the DRAGON

I you copy and paste my Dragon SDC image to an SD card ,and hold the spacebar while the Dragon turns on, SDCX will auto boot to the menu