[Coco] Did anyone ever buy an NRI learning kit?

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Thu Apr 30 21:31:54 EDT 2020

John Guin wrote:
> This old Popular Electronics magazine has an ad for it on page 18 and 19:
> https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Poptronics/80s/1982/Poptronics-1982-09.pdf
> ... It looked pretty nifty - anyone have (or has seen) one?

I don't recall ever seeing that kit -- very cool.  However, I got a kick looking through that Popular Electronics magazine.  I would pick up an edition somewhat often for a good period back before I bought my first CoCo. I recall seeing that very add for the ZX81 and remembering how I so badly wanted one those. Then when I had the money, instead I bought a CoCo1 4k for $399.
-jr