[Coco] pyDriveWire Q

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Apr 29 20:15:59 EDT 2020

On Wednesday 29 April 2020 18:13:36 n6il at ocs.net wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Drivewire has died, can't find the RXTX libraries
> >
> > So trying to make pyDriveWire run, but there seems to be a total
> > lack of install and configure hot-to's. recommended to run it with
> > pypy, which has been installed, but the failure msg is, shall wwe
> > say, less than helpfull.
> > gene at coyote:/CoCo/pyDriveWire$ pypy pyDriveWire
> >   File "pyDriveWire", line 3
> >     python=$(which pypy)
> >            ^
> > SyntaxError: Unknown character
> > That don't mean jack to me.
> >

> > Anybody have a clue where to find this stuff?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
>
> Gene, Please try:
>
>    ./pyDriveWire
>
> Let me know how that goes for you.

instantly:

ERROR: Must supply one of --port, --accept, or --connect or config file

usage: pyDriveWire.py [-h] [-s SPEED] [-a] [-c] [-H HOST] [-p PORT] [-R]
                      [-x EXPERIMENTAL] [-D CMDPORT] [-U UIPORT] [-C CONFIG]
                      [--daemon] [--status] [--stop]
                      [--pid-file DAEMONPIDFILE] [--log-file DAEMONLOGFILE]
                      [--debug] [--version] [--hdbdos] [--offset OFFSET]
                      [--noreconnect] [--print-format {pdf,txt}]
                      [--print-dir PRINTDIR | --print-prefix PRINTPREFIX | --print-file PRINTFILE]
                      [--print-cmd PRINTCMD]
                      [FILE [FILE ...]]

And of coarse my bash prompt comes back.

> --Mikey

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis