[Coco] Back to os9level 2

phil pt ptaylor2446 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:43:20 EDT 2020

The question is since Ribbs depends on old stuff t2, run and syscall what
has changed. Are you the syscalls in NItroos9 the same as the old Tandy Os9
Level 2? Have any of the memory address call changed from the old ones?
Ribbs use the old syscall from tandy Os9level 2 to determine the file size.
These just examples.

PROCEDURE useredit
(* Written by Ron Bihler
(* Expanded for v2.10 by Charles R. West
TYPE taddress=ta1,ta2,ta3,ta4,ta5:INTEGER
TYPE address=ad1a,ad1b:BYTE; ad2,ad3,ad4,local:INTEGER
DIM la:address
TYPE registers=cc,aa,bb,dp:BYTE; lx,ly,lu:INTEGER
DIM reg:registers
DIM b,lof,huser,mult:REAL

ON ERROR GOTO 100
OPEN #path,filename:UPDATE
5
reg.aa=path
callcode=$8D
reg.bb=2
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
IF reg.lu<0 THEN lof=reg.lu+65536.
ELSE

Watchcd

PRINT "Outside program '"+filename+"' running."
callcode:=$8D \(* I$Getstt *)
reg.a:=la.ad1 \(* Path to Modem *)
reg.b:=0 \(* SS.Opt *)
reg.lx:=ADDR(packet) \(* Address to store packet *)
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)

RUN syscall(callcode,reg) \(* Save the changes *)
REM Dup Standard Paths so that they can be reopened later
reg.a:=0
callcode:=$82 \(* I$Dup *)
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
stin:=reg.a
reg.a:=1
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
stout:=reg.a
reg.a:=2
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
sterr:=reg.a
REM Close Standard Paths
reg.a:=0
callcode:=$8F \(* I$Close *)
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
reg.a:=1
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
reg.a:=2
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
reg.a:=la.ad1
callcode:=$82 \(* I$Dup *)
RUN syscall(callcode,reg)
nwin:=reg.a

If the developer changed something its better to use a different filename
and leave the old stuff alone so it does not break of the older programs.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>