[Coco] if your tapes are old and won't load, bake them

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 18:47:54 EDT 2020

<snip>

Thanks for this! I have one VIC-20 tape, a C60 cheap tape, sadly, and it’s stuck. It’s the only thing I couldn’t archive.

No clue what shape my CoCo 1 tapes are. Never thought about archiving them until this topic came up.
<snip>

I've always had the side idea of starting a small archival business that preserves old media.  Tapes, home movies, etc... Never could justify it, though, since the startup costs for someone that has no machinery for these tasks (like me) are really high, and I can't see this ever getting back to the break even point.

John