[Coco] Min load on NitroOs9

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 27 21:00:27 EDT 2020

So your shell has nothing else merged with it, lt looks like. So it’s taking up 7.5K, even though it is using <7K.

And, you are right on TMODE (and XMODE for that matter) - the syntax was changed on newer versions by Bruce Isted, and the NitrOS9 Project people, and it does break compatibility with older programs. I think the idea was for software developers back in the early 1990’s to redo their code for the new versions (which also add capabilities, but some had already dropped out by then, and the source code wasn’t available to change. On EOU, we have TMOD2 / XMOD2 being the new versions, and TMODE / XMODE as the original versions. Hopefully by the time Beta 6 is out, we will get the “fat binary” versions done that handle both syntaxes, and eliminate all the compatibility problems.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net