[Coco] Curious more than anything - how many ham radio operators are out there?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Apr 26 20:16:57 EDT 2020

On 4/17/2020 7:57 PM, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> On 4/16/2020 9:02 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>>
>> Being as we are all retro anyway, we should have a net.
>> And it should be AM.  :-)
>
> One of my goals was to see how many digital / SSTV modes that the COCO
> can encode/decode with pretty much its own hardware.

First obstacle, turning on the COCO 3 is creating RFI static on the
2-Meter band, wiping out the squelch on my hand-held unit across the
room.  Adding one snap-on Ferrite choke clean up a lot, but not enough.

Have established it that the leak appears to be via the power cable.

Have not yet tried a COCO 1/2.

Regards,
-John