[Coco] Building NitrOS9 if path has a space in it

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Apr 25 18:15:55 EDT 2020

> On Apr 25, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 11:41 PM Allen Huffman wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to get all my cross hosted tools going again, and am at the point where I am trying to build NitrOS-9. Unfortunately, since the last time I did this, I’ve started using things like OneDrive and iCloud Drive, and they end up making paths with spaces in them … and the makefiles fail.
>>
>> Should we just be able to update the makefiles to quote all the things that use path variables?
>
> As a workaround, use a soft link:
> ln -s "/long path/with spaces/nitros9" /Users/allen/nitros9
> cd /Users/allen/nitros9
> make

I’ll fix up the makefiles and see about resubmitting.

I also found that I could not just update the NitrOS9 I had pulled down a few years ago.  Using whatever the steps were (hg pull, hg update?”) did update files, but then the makes would not run for a different reason. I had to pull down an entirely new copy.

Has there been any signifiant changes in the past few years to the project directory?

		— A