[Coco] Smart IO interfacing on the CoCo

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Apr 25 01:43:58 EDT 2020

On 4/24/2020 9:28 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2020, at 8:02 PM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
>> FAIL, even when written in hand optimized ASM).
> Duly noted.
>

> ...and there have been high end Arduinos that run Linux, in case that changes things.
I should have been more specific.  I can guarantee folks will not with
the AVR-based Arduinos (I still think of Arduinos as all AVR8 based, but
it looks like even Arduino.cc now sells ARM-based Arduinos). My
apologies for that ambiguity.
> Unrelated. . .  Have you done much with Microchip 24FJ64GB002?

Not sure that I have.  I have done stuff with the PIC24MX, but I am not
sure that is the same thing.  I'm not as much a fan of PIC (pay to get
the C optimizer), but I will admit their parts pricing is better than
Atmel.  Now, though, with esp32s for almost nothing, and free gcc
compiler, I think I've moved on.

Jim