[Coco] Need the link for roms that works for meme

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 18:36:26 EDT 2020

 Hi Jim,

The MS archivist that I conversed with seemed confident enough that MS could indeed grant permission to use these ROMs, also stating that they have done this in the past with other communities. That is why I posted that statement and believe that the community can use these ROMs wisely. I still would not bundle the ROM files anything though.

Salvador
.
    On Friday, April 24, 2020, 05:10:30 PM CDT, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:

 On 4/24/2020 3:39 PM, phil pt wrote:
> What brought up this subject, The Coco roms are so old why would Tandy
> worry about it>

Someone might be worrying about it, like whoever now owns the Tandy
intellectual property.  The probability that someone will worry about it
is indeed low, but it is not zero.  Bummer to be the person that ends up
the unlucky one bundling the ROMs :-/

Also, Salvador, no offense, but no documentation means it is still
illegal, so worry yes (I hate that too, but it is what it is). And, even
if MS gave permission, that doesn't actually help, as I recall.  Maybe
the initial versions of TANDY BASIC are wholly owned and licensed by MS,
but at least the DECB 2.1 has pieces owned directly by TANDY (the
patches), so any agreement with MS would not cover those.

Jim