[Coco] Copying zip file from the sdc card

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Apr 24 18:17:35 EDT 2020

On Friday 24 April 2020 16:22:27 phil pt wrote:

> Good afternoon
>
> I have a question sine the floppy disk image is limited in small
> amount of disk space is there any way to copy a zip file from the sdc
> to os9 level 2. The file is over the size limit that the floppy size?

>campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon> Virus-free.
>campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

both drivewire and rzsz can do that, but drivewire is much faster. one of
my mountable dw images is 100 megs, and while it would take a while I
have moved several megabytes at a time to/from it and the coco3.  Bare
in mind that rzsz is limited to (assuming a 6309 cpu) 256 byte blocks,
and 480 cps, 240 on a 6809, until we can get the sacia.dr back into a
bootfile with working flow controls.

But since the sc6551 is AFAIAC a broken chip, we really ought to be
designing a better rs232 pack.  Bruce Istead had the right idea with his
DACIA, but its a rare bird I've never seen. Could Bruce be talked into
another run of those?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis