[Coco] toolshed under Linux

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Apr 24 10:50:19 EDT 2020

Yeah, that about sums it up -- good job! :-)

Mercurial and git originally had similar feature sets. They were
developed around the same time under about the same sets of influences.

Over time, git got a lot more use, more development, more features,
etc -- the virtuous cycle of open source.

Mercurial...well, notsomuch...Bitbucket is even ending support for
it, FWIW.

	https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket

The main reasons to use Mercurial today would be either personal
preference (i.e. you don't care about recruiting developers), or just
momentum (i.e. should have stayed with CVS years ago).	The reasons
not to use git today? I can't think of any good ones.

Just my $0.02...

John