[Coco] OS9 Boot SDC

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 23 18:36:26 EDT 2020

The one we used back in the day was SACIA (by Bruce Isted) and DACIA (also by Bruce, but for the better/bug free 6522 chip instead the 6551). Bruce had one master source file called XACIA that would generate both. They had adjustable buffer sizes (up to 3.75K per port), working software and hardware flow control, etc.
Bill Nobel and I have not gotten that far in the NitrOS9 boot modules yet in our Ease of Use project (we have been cleaning up/optimizing some of the core modules, and the graphics system), but after Beta 5 is out next week, we are planning to start tackling some of modules that are further out from the core (SDC, Drivewire, RS-232 etc.). But it will probably take awhile for Bill and me to re-familiarize ourselves with this; we haven’t looked at that code since around 2000/2001.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net