[Coco] SuperIDE label. (scan or photo)

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Apr 23 14:39:20 EDT 2020

On Thursday 23 April 2020 12:59:50 Terry Steege wrote:

> That would be very cool!

I agree wholeheatedly, but not for the speed. My coco3 is sitting in the
basement, running (I hope, we had a power bump yesterday and it hasn't a
ups) because if I shut it down, I might not ever get those 30 yo drives
to spin up again, it was shut down for some work on the basement 3 years
ago, and it took an hour or more of fiddling and tapping on the front
corner of those drives to get both of them started again after a 6 month
rest.  If we had a sata controller, I'd not waste much time copying
those drives to a pair of small SSD's just to preserve the history on
them. I thought I could do it with the SDC kit, but I've never been able
to boot my machine with it visible to the os.

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:58 AM rietveld rietveld
> <rietveldh at hotmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > I would love to see a SuperSATA controller for the coco.   I would
> > imagine that using a SSD would be lighting fast

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis