[Coco] SuperIDE label. (scan or photo)

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Apr 23 14:24:42 EDT 2020

On Thursday 23 April 2020 12:57:58 rietveld rietveld wrote:

> I would love to see a SuperSATA controller for the coco.   I would
> imagine that using a SSD would be lighting fast

Unforch. no. Its the coco's ability to move that data coming from the
controller that is the speed limit, which is nominally 11 seconds for a
megabyte of data, even when using a 63C09's 4 byte wide registers.  Both
of my very long in the tooth 1Gig scsi drives on Marks controller can do
that already.

The probably singular exception to that would John K's souped up clocking
scheme. It might make it in 8.5 seconds.