[Coco] Os9 on SDC Card supporting 20 MB harddrive

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 21 19:30:59 EDT 2020

> On Apr 21, 2020, at 6:25 PM, phil pt <ptaylor2446 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I have few questions: Will NItroos9 support the real T@ port using a real
> coco on dialup?

NitrOS9 supports the bitbanger 4-pin serial port as /t1, and an RS-232 pack as /t2. These may or may not be in the boot file depending on what you are running. I think they removed /t1 because no one uses it (it can really only do 300 baud).

> I have a mew SDC card reader and a SDC card pre-formated when I bought it.
> How can I install Nitroos9 or Os9 Level 2 on the SDC card with 20 mb
> hardrive space please?

There is a ready-to-go CoCoSDC image of NitrOS9 you can download, mount in SDC-DOS, then type “DOS” and you are up and running. It has plenty of extra space.

I do not have the link to it — it does not appear to be on the Sourceforge page — but I downloaded it somewhere when I got my SDC.

I’ll see if I can find the link.

		— Allen